Timberline Estates is a quiet subdivision filled with beautiful homes to accommodate families of all sizes. Picturesque homes, cul-de-sacs, and tree-lined streets give Timberline Estates a unique, intimate character, making this a neighborhood that’s beautiful, peaceful, and family-friendly. With Old Quarry Middle School nearby, this area is especially convenient for families with school-aged children.
The neighborhood also enjoys easy access to a variety of resources, including:
- Lemont Public Library – Offering electronic and traditional books, movies, genealogy databases, book clubs, and a variety of events, the Lemont Public Library provides a number of invaluable services to area residents. On November 4, 2014, voters approved the Library Renovation Plan, which will allow the library to remodel and adapt to the changing needs of residents, meaning that the public library will only become more valuable with time.
- Lions Park – This park is a welcome addition to the neighborhood, featuring a basketball court, a playground, and plenty of open grass between the two.
- Heritage Woodland Sanctuary – This prairie restoration site features a variety of trails that wind their way through the sanctuary. It’s fantastic for bird watching, getting a close look at prairie plants, or going for a relaxing walk or run. The trails are accessible from the western edge of Roberta Street and Wend Street, as well as from the corner of Timberline Drive and Alba.
- Timberline Knolls – Timberline Knolls is a leading residential treatment center that helps women who are struggling with a variety of problems, including eating disorders and alcoholism. With treatment provided on a private 43-acre campus, residents have a quiet, peaceful place to relax and recover. Located at the northern edge of Timberline Estates, this facility blends in with the neighborhood, giving those who need it a discrete place to find superior care and support.
- Lemont Township Community Center – Located on Alba Street near the Heritage Woodland Sanctuary, the Lemont Township Community center features a 3,000-square-foot room that can be used for both public and private functions.
While residents of Timberline Estates enjoy easy access to Lemont’s amenities and the lively downtown, they also enjoy peace and quiet. It’s the ideal neighborhood for those who want to have it all, but on their terms.